Climbing & climbing routes
For all levels of climbers, Vorarlberg offers a wide spectrum of routes and tours in a breathtaking landscape. Thanks to the geological diversity in the smallest area (unique in Europe), one can climb in sandstone, limestone, conglomerate, granite and gneissic rock.
Sport climbing on countryside has tradition. Well-known pioneers such as Beat Kammerlander and Peter Schäffler have left their mark. There are grand climbing regions such as Zimba and Drusenfluh in Rätikon, Rote Wand (red wall) and Roggelskopf in Lechquell mountains or super-steep walls of the Bürser gorge.
Climbing gardens in the immediate vicinity (2 to 5 km)
- “Hängender Stein” (Hanging stone) III-VIII
- Bürs V-X+ climbing garden
Climbing routes in Vorarlberg
In the past few years, these climbing routes have experienced an immense growth in and with a few newly created routes, Vorarlberg has become ideal for beginners and advanced climbers.
- Saulajoch climb, Brand Lünersee (easy)
- Strauß climb, Brand (easy)
- Sport climbing Brand (easy to difficult)
- Waterfall St. Anton in the Montafon (medium to difficult)
- and many more ...
Climbing options indoor
- Val Blu Sports
- ÖAV boulder room
- Brand church hall
- K1 climbing hall Dornbirn